This recipe was inspired by a prepared and packaged salad we got from Whole Foods. Although theirs was tasty, I had a feeling I could make it even better! So, I came up with this Mexican Chicken Chopped Salad with Chipolte Yogurt Dressing.
MEXICAN CHICKEN CHOPPED SALAD WITH CHIPOLTE YOGURT DRESSING
- 1 package Organic Girl Romaine Heart Leaves or 8 oz package romaine leaves, cut into strips
- 2 cups baby spinach, cut in to strips
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 4 slice bacon, cooked, cooled, and crumbled
- 1 cup fire roasted corn (I buy it frozen from Whole Foods and thaw it out)
- white meat from a rotisserie check, removed from bird and shredded and chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 chile in adobe + 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup Noosa plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 3 cloves garlic
For the salad, place all of the chopped ingredients in to a large bowl.
For the dressing, place all the ingredients in to a food processor and process until smooth and combined.
Drizzle dressing over chopped salad ingredients. Toss salad with tongs until dressing coats salad completely.
Serves 4 dinner sized portions.